Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Old school phone use...

Here are some of my musings about current cellular communication as compared to what my generation grew up with...
These are phrases that you never overheard someone say while on the phone back in the strictly "land line" days: 1. "I'll just text you." 2. "I'll look it up on the web." 3. (From the person dialing to the person answering): "Where are you?" 4. (Heard after dialing a local number): "Oh, I'm on vacation in Florida." 4. "Hold it, someone's clicking in." 5. "Oh, it's Mike. I'll call you back." 6. "I'm over on my minutes." 7. "Just send me the picture." 8. "Smile..!" And finally, 10. "I gotta go. I'm down to one bar."
Feel free to add any of your own!

1 comment:

Carlie said...

what i want to know is, how did anyone ever meet anyone anywhere before cell phones? there must have been a lot of waiting around.