Friday, December 7, 2007

We (I) Are (am) The Champion(s)

Today at school we had the Fall Sports Assembly. The student council voted to ask me and Cathy Patterson, the Ag teacher to do "The Singing Bee" for the student body. They chose Beatles songs (heh, heh, heh). Cathy's was "Hard Day's Night" and she did really well, stayed in key, etc. My song was "Can't Buy Me Love". Yeah, I nailed it (one of my kids said he couldn't tell when the song stopped!). Then they did the hand over the head to let the audience cheer volume determine the winner. What can I say? It sounded like a 747 taking off (all modesty aside). They even gave me a "loving cup" trophy. It was fun AND it was Beatles songs!

3 comments:

Pat and Dave said...

It was the Singing Bee not the spelling bee. Although, Dave would have done very well with spelling also. There is no living with him now! Mom

Tina said...

It's amazing when your fluency in The Beatles comes in handy- eh?

Carlie said...

"I only wish we would know the scriptures as well as we know song lyrics... "