Thursday, November 1, 2007

tag

Both Sarah and Tina have "tagged" me recently, strange to me since I didn't think you could tag someone that didn't have their own blog page. So, I will post on here, and quickly post pictures of Halloween so many won't feel too obligated to enter into my secret world. Apparently, I am supposed to say 7 things about me. After I read Tina's, she commented that she would be interested in reading mine since she knows everything about me. My challenge the last few days was to come up with ones I don't think she knows. My goal is majority-- she won't know at least 4 of the 7. Let's give it a go!

1. I love cooking, although I don't have really any special skill at it. (unless you count having the brownie recipe memorized since I was 14!) Whenever I start making a good dinner with fresh ingredients, I find myself narrating my own cooking show. I figure if annoying Rachel Ray can have a cooking show, I can do it too!

2. When I put Ellena to sleep, I always sing "Goodnight My Angel" by Billy Joel and "Molly Bloom" from Dad's new CD. As soon as I start with Billy Joel, she immediately lays her head down and relaxes for sleep.

3. I also love Disneyland. I've been there so many times I've lost count. Since Trevor and I have been married, we buy a trading pin each trip we take. We have been about a dozen times in the 3 1/2 years we've been married. Even then, I can honestly say I haven't ridden or seen everything there is to see! There's probably only a few I've missed, but it's interesting to think about.

4. I have an uncanny knack for remembering things, especially song lyrics. After hearing a song a couple of times, I can usually remember all the words. This is especially true for Broadway Musicals. In my mental list, I can think of about 14 shows that I could sing you the entire soundtrack from beginning to end. Dad always said he wished we knew scripture passages as well- I say make it into a musical and I am set!

5. My closet is organized by style and 'colorized'. I had to do this often while working at Dillards, thus, my clothes are the same. I can't help myself and often organize Trevor's in the same way. I don't think he has noticed.

6. I once sang "Sin Wagon" by the Dixie Chicks in a karaoke restaurant/bar. As much as I love singing and preforming, this really scared me- I was so nervous. On stage, you usually can't see the faces of the audience, but all my pals and total strangers were staring at me. Yikes.

7. And finally, I have this obsession with numbers. If I am driving down the street, for example, and see a string of numbers, I start dissecting it. When adding all the numbers, is it divisible by three? If not, what number can I change for it to be? Is it even or odd? What's its lowest divisible number? What are it's lowest prime numbers it can be broken into? Have I ever had that amount of anything?

So, there you have it. I now see after writing this that I have a bit of OCD. Actually, I told Trevor my list earlier today, and while I was cooking dinner, he asked how my show was going. I was temporarily in a commercial break.

4 comments:

jonstone said...

(This is Tina) Okay, you got me. My score was 4 1/2. I didn't know #6 and 7, and I didn't know the last part of #1. Your own personal cooking show? Psycho. :)

Bridgette said...

O.K.....here's a funny thing. I have recently taken a love of the brownie recipe in the family cookbook...the one with your name on it! They are great!

Unknown said...

Oh - Sin Wagon!!! HAHA! Say no more! It is all coming back to me! I must say that without you college life would have been so much less exciting! You kept everything so exiting! You are the best!

Pat and Dave said...

dad and i think we knew parts of 5. the numbers and organizing your closet were news to us. i knew you sang one of the songs off the cd to ellena. where are the halloween pictures?