Wednesday, November 21, 2007

ouchies

Today Ellena had a doctor's appointment where I knew she had to have blood work. I thought it would be a little foot prick, but this was an IV-type blood draw! She was very sad to say the least. She cried as it went in, stopped for a bit, then cried when they took it out. I got to pick her up and snuggle her for a minute, then back down she went for a flu shot. She held very still and looking trustingly at the nurse, then unleashed when her trust was betrayed by another needle. Sweet baby girl. How can you not want to kiss those cheeks? She weighed in at 19 1/2 pounds.
I took this picture a couple days ago when she was having a nap. I believe her foot is tucked under so she can quickly sit up when she's done sleeping. Napping is only a short necessity to her- she has so many other things she needs to get done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate shots! Poor baby! She is getting to be such a big girl! So cute!

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

ooooooooooooooooooooooh! she is absolutely adorable. This is the first picture of her I have seen in many months. We miss you!
I love you!
sis