Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A calcium-rich couplet

Most of us have seen the little sentimental sayings written on the inside of Dove chocolate foil wrappers. To me they are syrupy at best and insipid at worst (I know I should try to be more sensitive and less cynical!). So yesterday I read one and a line came to me to make it into a couplet. You will have to indulge me but I made myself laugh with this one. Here is the Dove line: "Laugh until your heart overflows." to which I add: "...Or until the milk comes out your nose!" Maybe I read too much Dave Barry.

2 comments:

Tucson Mom said...

Yes, that made me laugh too and remember you are so good at those one-liners! Thanks for making have great visuals for the rest of the day. :)

Carlie said...

i love it! i'm thinking red fruit punch is a more applicable beverage choice.
we call those dove chocolates "chick chocolate".
"take a bath today". yes, i think i will.